World renowned spine expert Dr. Stuart McGill gives you the step by step McGill Method to fix back pain. His latest book, "Back Mechanic" brings his years of knowledge straight to the people who need it most. Dr.McGill reviews his research findings and incomparable patient success stories providing you with the program to eliminate your own back pain.
This book is written for the layperson, is easy to understand, and follows the protocol for assessing the cause and type of your back pain. Instruction on the exercises which are the most effective for rehabilitating your back independently.
Back MechanicTable of Contents
Introduction and overview
The way to a pain-free and robust back
Section 1: "Why me?" Understanding your pain
- Back to basics: Getting to know your back and causes of pain
- Is surgery for you? The essential list
- The Code: Rules and guidelines for back health
Section 2: Self assessment: Finding the cause of your back pain
- Use the McGill approach to find your pain trigger
- Your self-assessment
Section 3: The repair job: Using the right tools to make activity pain-free
- Removing the cause of pain: Learning basic movement tools
- Spine hygiene: moving without pain
- Building a resilient back: The non-negotiable "Big 3" exercises
- The walking program: Nature's back balm
- The core program
- Restoring the hips
Section 4: Tuning the machine for best performance
- Next level training: Regaining your active lifestyle
- Special exercises for sciatica, kyphosis, scoliosis, stenosis, the overweight and others
- Solutions that solve back pain: Case studies and sample programs
- Q and A with the Professor: Sex, selecting a mattress, and other things you were afraid to ask
Appendix: Exercise Logs
- Pain and activity ability
- Exercise log
Many Registered Kinesiologists and other Rehabilitation Professionals across Canada and the United States can attest that Dr. McGill's approaches to fixing back pain are very effective. Their satisfied and ecstatic clients will also attest to the effective rehabilitation approaches given. It includes exercises with descriptions, which are crucial to rehabilitating even the worst back pain conditions.
This book is worth its weight in gold, if you follow the advice given, to fix your own back pain. You will get your life back again.
If you are interested, we can also help to link you up with a health professional in your area, who can guide you through the process of rehabilitating your back. Just send us an email.